Dr. Suresh Kumar M.R.
- B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D
- PROFESSOR AND HEADDEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS, ALLIANCE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
- 080 30938100/200
Employment Record: Teaching Experience – 29 years
|Alliance University, Bangalore||Professor & Head of Physics Dept.||From 7th December2016 onwards|
|AMC Engineering College, Bangalore||Professor & Head||15th Jan2015 to 6th Dec.2016|
|M V J College of Engineering, Bangalore||Professor and Ist year coordinator||03/09/2014 to 14th Jan 2015|
|Dr. M.V.Shetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore, Karnataka||Professor & Head
|March 2011 to
15th July 2014
|Karunya University, Coimbatore,,Tamilnadu||Asst. Prof. (S.G.)||Sept.2009 to March2011|
|PA College of Engineering, Mangalore, Karnataka||Assoc.Prof.& Head
Asst. Prof.& Head
Sr.Lecturer & Head
|Sept. 2005 to Aug.2009
Jan 2005 to sept.2005
Oct 2000 to Dec2004
|Anjuman Engg college, Bhatkal,Karnataka||Lecturer & Head||Oct 1987 to Oct 2000|
Additional Responsibilities undertaken in the Colleges:
At P A College of Engg.
- Head of Department,
- Member of the Disciplinary committee,
- Member of the Academic Councel,Member of the Administrative Councel,
- Students Welfare Officer, NSS Programme Officer,
- Supervised the setting up of physics lab
At Karunya University:
- Senior Resident Advisor.
- Doctoral committee member, Research Supervisor.
- Organizing committee member for the National Conference-NCN2010, organized by Dept. of Physics, Karunya University during 3rd and 4th December 2010.
- Supervised and guided 2 MPhil students & one MSc project
At Dr M V Shetty Institute of Technology:
- Organizing Secretary for the National Seminar Scheduled to be conducted on 14th and 15th of October 2011 by Dr. M V Shetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore
- Director of R&D Centre
- Research supervisor at VTU recognized research centre.
- Evaluated 2 PhD theses and viva voce conducted for PhD work under Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- Supervisor for 5 research scholars under VTU Belgaum
- BOE member of VTU Physics board for 2012-2013 and 2013-14
- Chairman, BOE, VTU Physics board for 2015-2016
- Member of doctoral committee at VTU and Karunya University
- Edited a research bulletin under R&D centre of Dr.MVSIT, Mangalore in 2014.
- BOS member Alliance University, Bengalore
- Organized the National Conference “Recent Advances in Applied Sciences 2016” on 25th March 2016 and Annual Physics Project Exhibitions at AMC Engineering College, Bangalore
Field of research: NLO Crystal Growth , Nanomaterials
15 papers published in the International Journals “ Journal of crystal
growth”, ACS journal of physical chemistryA and Acta Crystallographica.
1 paper published in National Journal “PRAMANA”
1. B. Narayana Moolya, A. Jayarama, M.R. Sureshkumar, S.M. Dharmaprakash Journal of Crystal Growth 280 (2005) 581–586, Hydrogen bonded nonlinear optical g-glycine: Crystal growth and characterization
2. M.R. Suresh Kumar, H.J. Ravindra, A. Jayarama, S.M. Dharmaprakash Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 286, Issue 2, 15 January 2006, Pages 451-456
Structural characteristics and second harmonic generation in l-threonine crystals
. H.J. Ravindra, M.R. Suresh Kumar, Chitharanjan Rai, S.M. Dharmaprakash
3. Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 294, Issue 2, 4 September 2006, Pages 318-322
A phase-matchable nonlinear optical material N-(3-nitrophenyl)phthalimide: Synthesis, crystal growth
4. N. P. Rath, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. S. Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o4424, 3-[(4-Nitrophenyl)aminocarbonyl]propanoic acid
5. W. T. A. Harrison, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. S. Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o3970,1-(4-Aminophenyl)-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)prop-2-en-1-one-1-(4-
6. W. T. A. Harrison, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. S. Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o3702
7. W. T. A. Harrison, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. Suresh Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o3068
8. W. T. A. Harrison, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. Suresh Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o3067
9. W. T. A. Harrison, H. J. Ravindra, M. R. S. Kumar and S. M. Dharmaprakash
Acta Cryst. (2007). E63, o4675
10. M.R. Suresh Kumar, H.J. Ravindra, S.M. Dharmaprakash
Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 306, Issue 2, 15 August 2007, Pages 361-365 Synthesis, crystal growth and characterization of glycine lithium Sulphate
11). Thiourea-doped ammonium dihydrogen phosphate:A single crystal neutron
diffraction investigation, A Jayarama, M R Suresh Kumar, S M Dharmaprakash, R Chitra and R R Choudhury, PRAMANA, Indian Academy of Sciences Vol. 71, No. 5, November 2008, pp. 905-910.
12) Synthesis, crystal growth, characterization and structure–NLO property relationship in 1, 3-bis (4- methoxyphenyl) prop-2-en-1-one single crystal
HJ Ravindra, WTA Harrison, MR Suresh Kumar, SM Dharmaprakash
Journal of Crystal Growth 311 (2), pp 310-315, 2009.
13) Conformation and Hydrogen-Bond-Assisted Polymerization in Glycine Lithium Sulfate at High
A. K. Mishra, Chitra Murli, Ashok K. Verma, Yang Song, M. R. Suresh Kumar,
and Surinder M. Sharma
J. Phys. Chem. A, 2013, 117 (28), pp 5734–5741
14). Synthesis, single crystal structure and spectroscopic aspects of chalcone 2(2E)-1-(4 _ -bromobiphenyl-4-yl)-3-(2, 3-dimethoxybenzaldhyde) prop-2-ene-1-one
Vinutha PR , Jayarama A , Kaliprasad CS , Narayana Y , Byrappa K , Madan Kumar S , Suresh Kumar MR
Chemical Data Collections 9–10 (2017) 208–219
15). NLO AND OPTICAL PROPERTY OF NEWLY SYNTHESIZED CHALCONE COMPOUND (2E)-1-(4′-BROMOBIPHENYL-4-YL)-3-(3-BROMO-4-METHOXYPHENYLL)PROP-2-EN-1-ONE
Vinutha P R, Jayarama A, Kaliprasad C S, Narayana Y and Suresh Kumar M R
International Journal of Physics and Applications. ISSN 0974-3103 Volume 9, Number 1 (2017), pp. 25-31
16). Synthesis, spectral characterization, optical and crystal structure studies of (2E)-1-(4′-bromobiphenyl-4-yl)-3-(2-methoxyphenyl)prop-2-en-1-one
Vinutha P R, Jayarama A, Kaliprasad C S, Narayana Y, Suresh Kumar M R
International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics. ISSN 0973-1776 Volume 13, Number 3 (2017), pp. 335-342
Seminars/ Conferences /Workshops attended/ Paper presented
1. National Conference on “Emerging Materials and Technologies” organized by Department of Physics , Sri Venkateswara University, Thirupati. on 3rd & 4th of August 2004.
2. National conference “PADIKA 2006”organized by S T Hindu College, Nagercoil during 19th to 21st of January 2006.
3. National conference “NCNMT- 2006”organized by Department of Physics ,Sri Venkateswara University, Thirupati f during 17th& 18th of February 2006.
4. International Conference “PHOTONICS 2006” organized by Dept. of Physics, Central University , Hyderabad during December 13th to16th , 2006.
5. “Reforms in the conduct of examination process” organized by Visvsevaraya Technological University, Belgaum on December 4th & 5th 2004.
6. National conference Current Trends in Materials Sciences,CTMS-07 Organized by Christian College Chengannur, Kerala during March 25 to 27, 2007.
7. Worhshop on “Neutrons as probes of condensed matter” organized by Solid State Physics Division, BARC, Mumbai during 12th to 14th Jan 2008.
8. International Symposium on “Neutron Scattering” organized by Solid State Physics Division, BARC, Mumbai during 15th to 18th Jan 2008.
9. Worhshop on Plasma Technology in surface Engineering & Mineral Processing organized by School of Technology & Applied Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam during 2nd to 4th june 2009.
10. National Seminar on “Crystal Growth” Organized by School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University,, Vellore during 10 to12 March 2010.
11. National conference on “Nano materials” organized by department of Physics, Karunya University, Coimbatore during Dec 3rd and 4th 2010.
12. National conference on “Modern trends in Science and Technology, MTST-11” organized by Dr. M V Shetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore during 14th and 15th Oct 2011.
13. Workshop on “Challenging Areas in Science and Technology” organized by Dept. of Mechanical Engg. and Dept of Physics, Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering on 21st and 22nd of March 2012.
14. Chaired a session in the Seminar “Manthan” organized by Dr.M V Shetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore during 28th to 30th Jan 2013.
15. As a resource person in the workshop on “Achieving Excellence” organized by ISTE student chapter of Dr.M V Shetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore on 4th march 2013.
16. “National Conference on Crystal Growth” organized by PSN College of Engineering and Technology..Melathediyoor, Thirunelveli,on . 23rd -25th Feb 2011. Title: growth and characterisation of glycine sodium chlorie single crystals. Authors: Jayasudha T, Suresh Kumar M R
17. “International Conference on Advanced Materials and its Applications” Organized by Kalasalingam University,Viruthunagar, Tamilnadu on 4th -5th March 2011. Title: growth and characterisation of a semi organic non linear optical single crystal.
Authors: Jayasudha T, Suresh Kumar M R
18. National Conference on “Nano Materials” Organized by Department of Physics, Karunya University, Coimbatore on 3rd &4th Dec 2010. Title: annealing effect on structural, morphological, optical properties of pure and doped cdo nanoparticles by using chemical co-precipitation method, Authors: G.Udhayakumar, Sureshkumar M.R, V.P. Devarajan
19. National Conference “Modern Trends in Science and Technology MTST-11” organized by Dr.MVShetty Institute of Technology, Mangalore on October 14th and 15th 2011.Impact of annealing on pure and doped CdO nanoparticles prepared by coprecipitation method. G.Udayakumar and Suresh Kumar M R
20. Organized and presented a paper in the National Conference “Recent Advances in Applied Sciences 2016” on 25th March 2016 at AMC Engineering College, Bangalore
Number of Papers presented in Conferences: 20
Membership of Professional Societies:
Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education.