Dr. Prasanna G.D.
- M.Sc., Ph.D.,
- Associate ProfessorALLIANCE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
- 080 30938100/200
Specialization: Solid State Physics
Teaching Experience: 10 yrs
Area of Interest: Nano ferrites and Conducting Polymers
National/International papers published:
1. Preparation, structural and electrical studies of Polyaniline/ZnFe2O4 Nanocomposites
G D Prasanna, H S Jayanna and Vishnu Prasad
Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 120(5), (2011) 2856–2862.
2. In-situ synthesis, characterization and frequency dependent a.c. conductivity of Polyaniline/CoFe2O4 nanocomposites.
G.D. Prasanna and H. S. Jayanna
Journal of Advanced Dielectrics, 1(3), (2011) 1-6.
3. Polyaniline/CoFe2O4 nanocomposites: A novel synthesis, characterization and magnetic properties.
G.D. Prasanna, H.S. Jayanna, Ashok R. Lamani and S. Dash
Synthetic Metals, 161(21-22), (2011) 2306-2311.
4. Frequency dependence of electrical and dielectric properties of Polyaniline/ZnFe2O4 nanocomposites
G.D. Prasanna, H.S. Jayanna, Ashok R. Lamani, M.L. Dinesha, C.S. Naveen and G.J.Shankaramurthy
Chinese Physics Letters, 28(11), (2011) 117701.
5. Dielectric properties of polycrystalline Cu-Zn ferrites at microwave frequencies
Ashok R. Lamani, H.S. Jayanna, P. Parameswara, R. Somashekar, Ramachander, Ramchandra Rao and G. D. Prasanna
Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509(18), (2011) 5692–5695.
6. Line profile analysis and low temperature AC susceptibility of Cu-Zn ferrites
Ashok R. Lamani, H S Jayanna and G D Prasanna
American Institute of Physics, Conf. Proc. 1447(1), (2012) 1275-1276.
7. Structural and dielectric properties of Fe doped ZnO nanoparticles
M L Dinesha, G D Prasanna, C S Naveen and H S Jayanna
Indian Journal of Physics, 87(2), (2013) 1275-1276.
8. Low temperature AC susceptibility and line profile analysis in Co-Zn ferrites
Ashok R. Lamani, H S Jayanna, G D Prasanna, Naveen.C.S and Rajeev.M.P
American Institute of Physics, Conf. Proc. 1536 (2013) 1057-1058.
9. Synthesis and characterization of magnetic and conductive Ni ferrite-polyaniline
G.D. Prasanna, Ashok R. Lamani, V.B. Prasad and H.S. Jayanna
Journal of Composite Materials, (2014) 1-9, DOI: 10.1177/0021998314552090
10. Characterization and Electrical Conductivity of Electron Beam Irradiated Metal Phthalocyanine Complexes
Ashok R L, H S Jayanna, Prasanna G D, Naveen C S, Rajeeva M P and M H Moinuddin Khan
Mapana Journal of Science, 14, 1 (2015), 1-7
11. Synthesis, characterization and low temperature electrical conductivity of Polyaniline/NiFe2O4 nanocomposites
G.D. Prasanna, V.B. Prasad and H.S. Jayanna
IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 73 (2015) 012072.
12. Microwave Dielectric and Magnetic Properties of Co-Zn Ferrites
A.R.Lamani, H.S.Jayanna, C.S.Naveen, M.P.Rajeeva and G.D.Prasanna
IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 73 (2015) 012124.
13. Influence of compositional variation on electrical properties of PANI/SnO2 Nanocomposites
Chaturmukha V. S., Naveen C. S., Prasanna G. D., Jayanna H. S., and Ashok R. Lamani
AIP Conference Proceedings. 1728, 020348 (2016);
14. Temperature-Dependent Dielectric Properties and line profile analysis of Zinc-Substituted Copper Ferrites
A.R.Lamania, H.S. Jayanna, Naveen. C.S, Rajeeva. M.P, Prasanna. G.D, Chaturmukha.V.S, etal
DAE Solid State Physics Symposium 2015. AIP Conf. Proc. 1731, 050136-1–050136-3 (2015)
1. Participated in “FEEL TEACHER” Learning and Development Intervention organized by GMIT, Davangere and conducted by CLHRD, Managlore during July 27-29, 2015.
2. Participated in Orientation Programme on “Life Skills & ICT Enabled Teaching” organized by JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore on Feb 25, 2012.
3. Participated in “6th INUP Familiarization Workshop on Nanofabrication Technologies” held at IIT Bombay on Nov 30 – Dec 4, 2011.
4. Organized and actively participated in National Seminar on “Nuclear Energy and Environment” held at Kuvempu University, Karnataka during November 10-11, 20011.
5. Participated in National workshop on “Usage of instruments for nanotechnology applications”, held at Department of Nanoscience & Technology, Kuvempu University on April 25, 2011
6. Participated in “Awareness workshop on UGC-DAE consortium for Scientific Research” held at Department of Physics, IIT Madras on September 27-29, 2010.
7. Participated in “One Day Acquaintance Programme of Inter University Accelerator Center (IUAC)”, held at Department of Physics, University of Mysore on August 24, 2010.
8. Organized and actively participated in two day seminar on “Understanding our Universe” held at Kuvempu University, Karnataka during December 7-8, 2009.
9. Organized and actively participated in one day seminar on “Recent developments in Nano Science & Technology” held at Dept. of Physics, Kuvempu University, Karnataka on March 29, 2009.
10. Participated in “Two day workshop on Frontier Areas of Physics”, held at Department of Physics, Kuvempu University on November 7-8, 2005.
Training Programme :
Actively participated and completed TWO – WEEK ISTE Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on Engineering Physics under the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Government of India) during 8th – 18th December, 2015 conducted by IIT Bombay.
International/National Conferences attended:
1. Oral presentation on “Synthesis, characterization and low temperature electrical conductivity of Polyaniline/NiFe2O4 nanocomposites” at International Conference on “Materials science and Technology” ICMST-2012 at Pala, Kottayam, on June 10-14, 2012.
2. Presented a poster on “Polyaniline/CoFe2O4 nanocomposites: A novel synthesis, characterization and magnetic properties” at Third International Conference on “Frontiers in Nanoscience and Technology” COCHIN NANO-2011 at Cochin, on August 14-17, 2011.
3. Oral presentation on “In-situ synthesis, characterization and frequency dependent a.c. conductivity of Polyaniline/CoFe2O4 nanocomposites” at National Conference and Workshop on “Recent Advances in Modern Communication Systems & Nanotechnology” at University of Rajasthan, Jaipur on January 6-8, 2011.
4. Oral presentation on “Synthesis, Characterization and Magnetic properties of Polyaniline/NiFe2O4 nanocomposites prepared via in-situ polymerization” at 2nd Indian Youth Science Congress at SRM University, Chennai on June 26-28, 2010 and got Best Paper Award (1st Place).
5. Presented a poster on “Effect of annealing temperature on electrical conductivity of CuZnFe2O4” at National Symposium on “Frontier areas in chemical Science and Nanotechnology” at Department of Chemistry, Kuvempu University on May 1-2, 2010.
6. Oral presentation on “Characterization and dielectric properties of Polyaniline–ZnFe2O4 nanocomposites” at National Conference on “Nanostructured Materials & their Applications” at Murum, Maharashtra, on March 12-13, 2010. Best Paper Award (1st Place).
7. Presented a poster on “Low Temperature DC Conductivity and Magnetoresistance of Polyaniline/ZnFe2O4 Nanocomposites” at International Conference on “Recent Trends in Materials and Characterization (RETMAC – 2010)” at NITK, Surathkal, Karnataka on February 14-15, 2010.
8. Presented a poster on “Polyaniline/ZnFe2O4 Nanocomposites: Preparation, Characterization and Tailoring the DC Electrical Conductivity” at International Conference on “1st Nano-Today Conference” at Biopolis, SINGAPORE on August 2-5, 2009.
Professional Responsibilities & strengths:
INVITED REVIEWER for couple of International Journals under ELSEVIER PUBLICATION.
Worked as Head of the Department of Physics (5 yrs) in previous institutes.
Experience of working (3 yrs) abroad at International Institute, Mauritius.
Worked as a Moderator for External Examination at University of Technology (UTM), Mauritius.
Worked as External & Internal Deputy Superintendent (DCS) for VTU examinations.
Worked as a Warden for both Boys and Girls Hostels.
Worked as Internal Examination co-ordinator.
LIFE MEMBER for “The Indian Society for Technical Education” (ISTE) (LM108278)