Institute provides fine environment for case studies and in depth understanding of concepts of law. Understudies are put in a simulated legal tasks in which they are designated in firms and given case studies. Faculties not only focus on the academic legal concepts and theories but also focus on the developing key skills in candidates to enrich and enhance social responsibilities and insightful understanding of law. Admissions are open in Bangalore for the course B.A.LL.B(hons), students can come up with their applications online for 2017 batch.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law (Honors), five-year, integrated course at Alliance School of Law, Alliance University.
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST candidates).
|Application Rounds||Location||Start Date||End Date||Selection Process
(ACLAT* and PI*)
|Early Application Round||Bengaluru||November 2017||January 2018||December 2017|
ACLAT* – Alliance Common Law Admission Test
PI* – Personal Interview
|Bengaluru||Alliance University, Central Campus – Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road, Anekal, Bengaluru – 562 106 Karnataka. Phone.: +91 80309 38100/200|
Applicants are encouraged to Apply Online
Download PDF Form
The Application Form and Prospectus for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law (Honors) can be obtained from the Office of Admissions on payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rs.2,000/- for NRI and SAARC national applicants and US$50 for other foreign national applicants) in cash or through demand draft drawn in favour of “ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY” payable at Bengaluru.
Applicants are requested to submit their filled in Application Form along with attested copies of the below mentioned documents:
- Standard X mark sheet/transcript.
- Standard XII mark sheet/transcript.
Please send your filled in Application Form to:
Assistant Director – Admissions
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University
Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road
Bengaluru – 562106
Phone.: +91 80309 38100/200
Fax: +91 80309 38040
|Click Here For Online Fee Payments (Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card)|
|Download Fee Structure|
|Scholarships are available to support full-time study at Alliance University for resident Indian nationals only. Each year Alliance University awards several scholarships in the form of fee remission to outstanding candidates. These scholarships of positive inclusive effort vary in value and have different criteria on which they are awarded.
The following scholarships are available to eligible students enrolled in the B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) course at Alliance School of Law, Alliance University.
|S.No.||Category||Sub-Category||Eligibility||Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Scholarship Percentage||Scholarship Amount (Per Year)|
|1||Merit Based||ACLAT||A consistent scholistic record – minimum 90% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 90% & Above in ACLAT||₹2,00,000||50%||₹1,00,000|
|A consistent scholistic record – minimum 85% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 85% & Above in ACLAT||₹2,00,000||30%||₹60,000|
|A consistent scholistic record – minimum 80% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 80% & Above in ACLAT||₹2,00,000||20%||₹40,000|
|CLAT||A consistent scholistic record – minimum 90% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND Upto 5000 ranks in CLAT||₹2,00,000||50%||₹1,00,000|
|A consistent scholistic record – minimum 90% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 5000 to 10000 ranks in CLAT||₹2,00,000||30%||₹60,000|
|LSAT||A consistent scholistic record – minimum 90% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 85% & Above in LSAT||₹2,00,000||50%||₹1,00,000|
|A consistent scholistic record – minimum 85% marks in X & XII with no repitations at any stage AND 84% to 75% & Above in LSAT||₹2,00,000||30%||₹60,000|
|2||Sports Quota||–||National level player (Sports/Games) AND A consistent scholastic record – minimum 60% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage||₹2,00,000||20%||₹40,000|
|3||Differently Abled||–||Certiﬁed as differently abled AND A consistent scholastic record – minimum 60% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage||₹2,00,000||30%||₹60,000|
|4||Domicile||–||A domicile of the State of Karnataka AND A consistent scholastic record – minimum 80% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage AND 80% & Above in ACLAT||₹2,00,000||5%||₹10,000|
|5||SC/ST||–||From SC/ST community with family income of less than Rupees Four lakhs per annum AND A consistent scholastic record – minimum 70% marks in X & XII – with no repetitions at any stage AND 75% & Above in ACLAT||₹2,00,000||25%||₹50,000|
Terms & Conditions
- Scholarship awarded will be adjusted towards the fee payable for the respective course
- Scholarship will be continued to subsequent years, subject to the student maintaining academic record of a CGPA above 2.5 in the course
- Student should not have indulged in any activity which attracts disciplinary action
- Performance only in qualifying entry level examination held in the previous academic year before admission will be considered
- An applicant is allowed to apply for scholarship only under one category/discipline
- In case of sports quota, the candidate should have participated and won in the National or International level sports/games conducted by the competent authority approved by the government (state/central). Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory contribution to the sporting activities of the University
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final and binding
- Domicile: The student should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognized educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the candidate is seeking admissions to and must have appeared and passed either SSLC/10th standard or 2nd PUC/12th standard examination from Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
- National Level player: The student must have represented his/her state in any competition held between the previous two calendar years at national level, in Individual Event/Team Event/s approved by Ministry of Sports/Sports Federations. The student must have also obtained a certificate from Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports/National Federation/Board of concerned game/s.
- Differently Abled: As per the provisions of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995, seven categories of disabilities have been identified viz., blindness, low vision, leprosy cured, hearing impairment, loco motor disability, mental retardation and mental illness. A student with 40% disability of the said categories will be considered for scholarship.
Eligible students of the B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) course may submit the Application Form for Scholarship in the prescribed format with original testimonials/documents/transcripts/marks cards etc.
Terms and Conditions
Students are required to abide by the following terms and conditions upon admission to the courses offered by Alliance University.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this website and it is issued on the express condition that all matters in it are subject to change from time to time without notice. While the University will make all reasonable endeavors to deliver the courses of study and other educational services as set out in this website, circumstances may change prompting the University to reserve the right to vary the content and delivery of courses and programs, to either discontinue or combine courses and programs or to discontinue educational services.
- The subject titles, descriptions and contents are subject to change based on the University guidelines.
- The fee schedule for the courses offered by the University can be downloaded at www.allianceuniversity.edu.in Fees payable for the courses offered by the University are subject to review periodically. Ensuring that fees are paid before the announced due dates is the sole responsibility of the student. Non-payment of the prescribed fees within the due dates will result in the cancellation of the registration to the course or to the subsequent semester/year.
- Students will also be liable for any travel and accommodation costs incurred for placement. For certain courses, students may incur additional specific charges for such items or activities as sports and games fees, specialized material or field trips. The University reserves the right to make additional charges to students for such activities.
- Alliance University may withdraw or amend its offer of admission, or terminate the registration, if it is found that either a false or a misleading statement has been made or that significant information has either been omitted or withheld in a candidate’s application form.
- Alliance University does not accept responsibility and expressly excludes all liability that may result from any loss, damage or injury caused to a student or to the student’s property.
- Students enrolled in the courses offered by the University are required to sign an undertaking at the time of the commencement of the academic year consenting to abide by the rules, regulations and the code of conduct of the University.
- Scholarships are available to support full-time study at the University for resident Indian nationals only. Each year the University awards several scholarships in the form of fee remission to outstanding candidates. These scholarships of positive inclusive effort vary in value and have different criteria on which they are awarded. For further details, please visit www.allianceuniversity.edu.in
- Policy regarding withdrawal from the course:
- The course fee has two components: Registration Fee and Tuition Fee.
- The Registration Fee will not be refunded by the University under any circumstances. The primary objective of this stipulation is to discourage frivolous applications.
- Refund of tuition fee – 75% of the fee paid – will be considered if a candidate withdraws from the course prior to its commencement. Such a candidate must submit the duly-signed cancellation application form to the Office of Admissions before the commencement of the course.
- No claim of refund of tuition fees can be made if withdrawal from the course is made after the commencement of the same.
- Disputes of any kind are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Bengaluru only.
Admission Selection Process:
- A high score in CLAT/LSAT/ACLAT*
- Personal Interview
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular record for admission. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Admission Selection Process.
*ACLAT – Alliance Common Law Admission Test.
Pattern of ACLAT (Under-Graduate Programme)
|Number of multiple-choice questions of one mark each||200|
|Duration of Examination||Two hours (02:00 hours)|
|Subject areas with Weightage|
|Language Proficiency||40 Marks|
|General Awareness||50 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||45 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability||45 Marks|
|Numerical Ability||20 Marks|
|Note: There shall be a system of Negative Marking wherein 0.25 marks will be deducted for each of the wrong answer.|