Dr. Madhukar G. Angur, B.Tech (NIT), PGDM (IIMA), Ph.D. (Texas)
Founder and Chancellor of Alliance University, Bangalore
Dr. Angur holds a Ph. D. from the University of Texas, Arlington, USA; a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA) from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, India; and a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree in Electrical Engineering from the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal, India.
He has worked in the USA for over 25 years and has been a professor and scholar at many leading universities world-wide. He decided to return to his homeland India to contribute to the field of education. Dr. Angur serves on the Board of companies in the manufacturing and service sectors. He has consulted for many organizations and is a sought after speaker at several companies and associations.
His research interests are in the areas of business analytics and strategy, industrial marketing, healthcare and services management. Dr. Angur has authored over 75 research papers in national and international journals and has presented papers at numerous conferences world-wide. His publications have appeared in the Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Hospital Marketing, International Journal of Business Research, American Business Review, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences Journal, Journal of Customer Service in Marketing & Management, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Customer Service in Marketing & Management, OMEGA—International Journal of Management Science, Asia Pacific International Journal of Marketing, Journal of American Academy of Business, Journal of Relationship Marketing, Journal of Quality of Life Studies, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, among others.
Dr. Angur has received many honors and recognitions. He is listed in Who’s Who among Americas Teachers and was nominated twice for the Carnegie Foundation Professor of the Year Award, and in 1997, he was recognized by the Michigan Association of University Governing Boards as a Distinguished Michigan Professor. He is the recipient of the David M. French Distinguished Professor Award (the highest honor bestowed on faculty) at the Flint campus of the University of Michigan, USA. Dr. Angur was awarded the ‘Sevachakra Puraskar’ of Education Excellence in recognition of his outstanding individual achievements and noteworthy contributions to society by the All India Economy Survey Award Council (AIESAC), New Delhi, India. He has been selected for the prestigious ARYABHATA INTERNATIONAL AWARD OF 2013 in recognition of his excellent contributions and service in the field of education. He was also honored with the ‘Education Entrepreneur of the Year 2015’ award by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) in the 8th National Education Excellence Awards 2015, New Delhi, India. Recently, Dr. Angur received the Asia’s most Eminent Chancellor Award by the International Human Rights Commission in New Delhi.
Dr. B K Ravindra, M.A., LL.M., Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor of Alliance University, Bangalore
* Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Ravindra, born on 6th June 1954, is the Vice Chancellor of the Alliance University, Bangalore. He has assumed the office of the Vice Chancellor of Alliance University on 19th September 2016. Alliance University Bangalore is the Premier Centre of Legal Education. His academic qualifications are M.A. L.L.M and Ph.D.
- Prof. B. K. Ravindra served for 34 years at S.D.M. Law College, affiliated to Mangalore University and K.S.L.U. Hubli in several capacities as Dean, Faculty of Law, Syndicate Member, Academic Council Member, Chairman of B.O.S., B.O.E. of both Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses. He was also the Chairman of B.O.S. of Kannur University, Kerala.
- He was instrumental in framing the syllabus for five years integrated course in Law of Karnataka State Law University, Hubli. Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the Academic Council Member of J. S. S. Autonomous law College and also a member of Doctoral Committee of Goa University. He was appointed as the Chairman of Board of Studies in Law of Kannur University.
- Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the pioneer in introducing master Degree Course in Law in S. D. M. Law College, Mangalore as well as Research Centre. He was the first person to introduce various certificate courses and Diploma Courses in S. D. M Law College. Dr. B. K. Ravindra conducted National Conferences on various areas of law and is well known for taking Legal Aid Programs to several villages in Mangalore. He has organized a number of National Moot Court Competitions. Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the coordinator for the period of five years on the Project Environment, Capacity Building in association with National Law School of India University, Bangalore for five years.
- Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the first to introduce a National Culture Fest termed as a “Samskruthi” and established Law Lab, the first of its kind in the field of Legal Education. In order to Commemorate the 25th year of S. D. M Law College he organized Endowment Lectures by taking the assistance of Alumni. Legal Luminaries like Dr. Santhosh Hegde, Justice N. Kumar, Justice B. P. Singh, Justice J. S. Verma, Justice Markhandaiah Khatju were invited to speak on current topics of Law. Dr. B. K. Ravindra attended a Bridge Course on Clinical Legal Education at Delhi for a period of two weeks. He was the first to organize an International Conference on Rethinking of Religion in association with Ghent University, Belgium, November 2012. Dr. B. K. Ravindra has published 36 papers on various areas of law and has attended a number of National and International Conferences. He was the first to come out with a legal journal entitled “Legal opus” with I.S.B.N number for the Post Graduate Department. He has received several awards for his contribution to the field of Law. He has worked not only as the Principal and Chairman of S.D.M Law College but also a Dean of Alliance School of Law and Director of Oxford law College.
- The Chancellor of Alliance University by looking at his Contribution to the field of law elevated him to the post of Vice Chancellor of Alliance University.
K. S. Venkateshappa, B.A. M.A. Ph.D.
Registrar of Alliance University, Bangalore
Dr. Venkateshappa started his career as a lecturer and elevated as associated professor, professor and principal in various government colleges across the State of Karnataka. He is a popular teacher with over 36 years of UG and PG teaching experience. He has authored one book, published over fifty papers, edited four books. During IX and X plans he has undertaken one major research project each sponsored by UGC and one from Central Silk Board Government of India.
He has coordinated seminars/conferences/workshops and refreshers courses to UG and PG teachers. He has served as resource person for various conferences/seminars/workshops and refreshers courses. Under his guidance, six Ph.Ds and 23 M. Phil degrees were awarded. As a principal of various government colleges in Karnataka, he took the initiative of infusing academic atmosphere amongst staff and students and made it a model college. With his untiring efforts, he could harness resources from several sources like UGC, State Government etc and was able to get new buildings and infrastructure developed. Apart from these academic transformations, he was able to bring administrative reforms in the form of decentralization of administration by constituting 44 various committees, proper documentation of activities, effective use of infrastructure resources, automation process of administration etc.
His additional accomplishments are membership in professional bodies, member of BOS and BOE, custodian of Bangalore University examinations, Nodal officer of RUSA Karnataka, UGC coordinating committee member of southern India, Government nominee to oversee LIC of Bangalore University, Subject Expert for the recruitment of assistant professors by KPSC etc. Throughout his career spanning three and half decades his motto was Devotion to Duty is not a sacrifice but a service for a conscientious government officer.