Ph. D. in Law
The Ph.D in law program is intended to draw on the research qualities of the institute’s scholastic staff who are dynamic at the front line of worldwide and national legal reform and advancement. The skill of the staff has been perceived as being of universal incredibleness, and in the School of Law we are firmly dedicated to giving the absolute best learning and research knowledge for every one of our understudies in an agreeable, comprehending and research-led condition. The admissions at Bangalore for the batch of 2018 for doctoral course in law (Ph.D in law) can be applied online.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the P. D. program at Alliance School of Law, Alliance University.
Duration:Three years; Full time / Part time.
Eligibility: Master’s Degree in LL. M. (Any Branch) with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate from a recognized university.
|Application Rounds||Location||Start Date||End Date||Selection Process|
|Early Application Round||Bengaluru||November 2017||December 2018||December 2017|
|Bengaluru||Alliance University, Central Campus – Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road, Anekal, Bengaluru – 562 106 Karnataka. Tel. : +91 80 3093 8100 / 8200|
Download PDF Form
The Application Form is also available at the Office of Admissions on payment of ₹3,000/- (US$100 for other foreign national applicants) in cash or through demand draft drawn in favour of “Alliance University” payable at Bengaluru.
Please send your filled in Application Form to:
Assistant Director – Admissions
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University
Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road
Bengaluru – 562106
Mob.: +91 95353 80060
Fax: +91 80309 38040
|Click Here For Online Fee Payments (Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card)|
|Download Fee Structure|
Terms and Conditions
Students are required to abide by the following terms and conditions upon admission to the courses offered by Alliance University.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this website and it is issued on the express condition that all matters in it are subject to change from time to time without notice. While the University will make all reasonable endeavors to deliver the courses of study and other educational services as set out in this website, circumstances may change prompting the University to reserve the right to vary the content and delivery of courses and programs, to either discontinue or combine courses and programs or to discontinue educational services.
- The subject titles, descriptions and contents are subject to change based on the University guidelines.
- The fee schedule for the courses offered by the University can be downloaded at www.allianceuniversity.education Fees payable for the courses offered by the University are subject to review periodically. Ensuring that fees are paid before the announced due dates is the sole responsibility of the student. Non-payment of the prescribed fees within the due dates will result in the cancellation of the registration to the course or to the subsequent semester/year.
- Students will also be liable for any travel and accommodation costs incurred for placement. For certain courses, students may incur additional specific charges for such items or activities as sports and games fees, specialized material or field trips. The University reserves the right to make additional charges to students for such activities.
- Alliance University may withdraw or amend its offer of admission, or terminate the registration, if it is found that either a false or a misleading statement has been made or that significant information has either been omitted or withheld in a candidate’s application form.
- Alliance University does not accept responsibility and expressly excludes all liability that may result from any loss, damage or injury caused to a student or to the student’s property.
- Students enrolled in the courses offered by the University are required to sign an undertaking at the time of the commencement of the academic year consenting to abide by the rules, regulations and the code of conduct of the University.
- Scholarships are available to support full-time study at the University for resident Indian nationals only. Each year the University awards several scholarships in the form of fee remission to outstanding candidates. These scholarships of positive inclusive effort vary in value and have different criteria on which they are awarded. For further details, please visit www.allianceuniversity.education
- Policy regarding withdrawal from the course:
- The course fee has two components: Registration Fee and Tuition Fee.
- The Registration Fee will not be refunded by the University under any circumstances. The primary objective of this stipulation is to discourage frivolous applications.
- Refund of tuition fee – 75% of the fee paid – will be considered if a candidate withdraws from the course prior to its commencement. Such a candidate must submit the duly-signed cancellation application form to the Office of Admissions before the commencement of the course.
- No claim of refund of tuition fees can be made if withdrawal from the course is made after the commencement of the same.
- Disputes of any kind are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Bengaluru only.
Admission Selection Process:
Candidates are required to take the entrance exam (ACLAT*) for the Admission selection process.
The Paper shall consist of:
- Research Methodology
- Introduction of Research : General
- Literature Survey; Proposal Writing
- Research Design; Study Design
- Data Collection Techniques and Interpretation
- Research Reporting
- Area of your choice of Interest selected for research
- PRE – Ph. D. Examination Paper I – Syllabus
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular record for admission. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Admission Selection Process.
*ACLAT – Alliance Common Law Admission Test.